By Vijay Parthasarathy
Optimize high-scale info by way of tuning and troubleshooting utilizing Cassandra
- Install and arrange a multi datacenter Cassandra
- Troubleshoot and music Cassandra
- Covers CAP tradeoffs, physical/hardware barriers, and is helping you know the magic
- Tune your kernel, JVM, to maximise the performance
- Includes defense, tracking metrics, Hadoop configuration, and question tracing
Apache Cassandra is a vastly scalable open resource NoSQL database. Cassandra is ideal for coping with quite a lot of dependent, semi-structured, and unstructured info throughout a number of information facilities and the cloud. Cassandra gives you linear scalability and function throughout many commodity servers with out unmarried aspect of failure.
This e-book begins via explaining find out how to derive the answer, easy thoughts, and CAP theorem. you'll the way to set up and configure a Cassandra cluster in addition to song the cluster for functionality. After examining the e-book, you have to be in a position to comprehend why the process works in a selected method, and you may even be capable of finding styles (and/or use circumstances) and anti-patterns which might in all probability reason functionality degradation. additionally, the publication explains the way to configure Hadoop, vnodes, multi-DC clusters, permitting hint, allowing a variety of safety features, and querying information from Cassandra.
Starting with explaining in regards to the trade-offs, we progressively find out about developing and configuring excessive functionality clusters. This e-book might help the directors comprehend the method larger through figuring out quite a few parts in Cassandra’s structure and as a result be extra efficient in working the cluster. This booklet talks in regards to the use instances and difficulties, anti-patterns, and capability sensible options in preference to uncooked suggestions. you are going to find out about kernel and JVM tuning parameters that may be adjusted to get the utmost use out of approach resources.
What you'll study from this book
- Explore trade-offs and uncomplicated concepts
- Install Cassandra, opt for undefined, and configure the cluster
- Query and insert information and CQL
- Get to grips with functionality tuning
- Find out approximately Hadoop integration and evolving apps
- Discover anti-patterns and the way to safe your cluster
This booklet is a pragmatic, hands-on consultant, taking the reader from the fundamentals of utilizing Cassandra notwithstanding to the install and the running.
Who this publication is written for
Learning Cassandra for directors is for directors who deal with a wide deployment of Cassandra clusters, and aid engineers who wish to set up the tracking instruments and who're additionally answerable for ensuring the cluster remains an identical, making sure that the carrier is often up and running.